Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

J Minus

my banner




INTERVIEW
with Jen Andujar and Dylan Fant of J Minus

Hi Dylan! First of all, thank you very much for agreeing to this interview.

Who is J Minus?

J Minus consists of:
Dylan Fant - drums
Trevor Wheetman - lead vox, guitar, piano
Chris Mongillo - lead vox, guitar
Myer Harrell - bass, vox

How did you come up with that name?

The name J minus actually comes from an inside joke actually... Back in 02, Trevor (lead singer) and I were in another band together and he was singing something that went way out of key. So naturally, I made fun of him and started singing something WAY off just to mock him... Then he came back at me with "whatever dude, it wasn't that bad... I wasn't singing in the key of J minus or whatever you were just doing."
It was just something stupid that popped into his head and it stuck with me. In the beginning, I couldn't sing very well when I was showing him my ideas, and it always seemed to end up in that key so that's where I got the name from.

Who are your biggest musical influences?

I don't really have one a "biggest musical influence" anymore. I've pulled inspiration from so many artists and places I've lost track.

How would you describe your song writing process?

I usually work on musical ideas first, and then let the music speak to me. I can visualize people and places from the music itself and eventually words just start coming together, usually from something I recently experienced or heard about from a friend.

If you could spend an hour with any musician, who would it be and what would you do?

I would probably hang out with The Edge. I'm not sure what I would do though... probably just ask a ton of questions about the U2 experience.

What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened while onstage?

Actually, there really hasn't been anything crazy that I can think of. We've all blown it at different times, but nothing that couldn't be covered up. Haha.

If you could be rich OR be a musician-which would you choose?


Musician

Where do you see yourselves in five years?

That I can't answer.

What is the best thing about being a musician? The worst?

The best for me personally is the fact that I'm rarely ever bored. There's always something new to work on and create.
The worst? It's really hard to make money with it.

If you could be any super hero, who would you be and why?

I'll have to think about that. Superman probably. He's hooked up with the most ability I'm thinking... It's been awhile since I read a comic.

Where can we buy your music?

All digital outlets ie itunes/amazon/cdbaby. You can also purchase cd's directly from us at www.jminus.com.

Do you have any last thoughts before we wrap this interview up?

Yes, thanks for the interview Jen! We really appreciate your support!

Learn more about J Minus at www.jminus.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment