Tuesday, May 24, 2016
1. Hello Irish!! It's great to be here with you! Can you please tell us briefly who you are, where we can listen to your show, etc.
- I'm Irish Jinger, radio host from The Irish Jinger Show who takes place every Friday on W4cy Radio at 4pm ET till end of July. I need to precise that from August the 1st my Show move to every Monday at 3pm ET same Radio Station.
2. How long have you been doing internet radio? How did you get started?
- I started my Radio Show to January 2014, a little more that 2 years ago then. I started thanks Jimmy Star and a lot of different coincidences... I first promoted new artists on FB & Twitter when I asked to Dean K. Piper (The Radio Owner) if I could make play them to Jimmy Star Show, he responded to me that Jimmy were already so busy and he offered me to having my own Show on the Radio Station. I first really doubted coz I were not sure to talking english fine enough that for hosting but I finaly accepted the oportunity and I really don't have regret to having did it.
3. What is the best thing about having a live internet radio show? What is the worst?
- The best thing is for sure the different connections that you have with different peeps, that it be the artists, producers, actors, writers but also the listeners! The fact to having a Live Show give you the oportunity to be more interactive with poeple and build a link with them and between them and the guests. The worst thing is that you become quickly addict to hosting! Lol! I mean, I've really difficulties sometimes to canalize my enthusiasm and 50 minutes by week is not enough for me, so sometimes I call in to the other Shows... I again need to manage this...
4. What has been the craziest thing a guest has done while live on your show?
- I've one or two differents stuff in my mind... The first is the second time that David Britt (A Country Artist) came to my Show and that he sang "Everybody Act Like An Animal" and that I did the animal's cry, we had a lot of fun to this Show and we were dead of laugh; the second one is less funny, Dean K. Piper had called to my Show when I had a guest and asked to me 5 minutes of Live for talking about something, I accepted but apparently not my guest and after having insulted my Boss, my guest is gone to the middle of the Show... Thanks to God, Dean accepted to stay and finished the Show with me and Rebel.
5. Now some fun questions!! We know you love pizza! What is your favorite pizza??
- My favorite pizza is definitely the "Margherita" even if I apreciate really this one to salmon too.
6. What is the strangest pizza you have had?
- You need to know that I like test new taste for pizza like by example the mushrooms and pumpkin pizza for Halloween that we tested Carla & I two years ago and since it is our official Halloween Pizza! But some months ago I would test "The Brussels Sprouts Pizza" and I need to confess that it was not a good idea... It is good but too stodgy, really too stodgy!
7. What is one pizza you would never eat?
- If there is something that I don't support on a pizza it is artichokes... I really hate that and another thing is herrings so I could easily respond that a "Herrings & Artichokes Pizza" should be one that you'll never see me eating! Ever!
8. What is in your refrigerator?
- You will find vegetables, meats and apple juice... Ha! Yes! I almost forgot... The more important! The mayonaise!!! I can't do without!
9. What is your favorite thing to drink?
- Like I said previously, I've always apple juice on my fridge. I'm a big fan of apple juice... I can almost saying that I'm addict to it even if I appreciate sometimes a Fanta too.
10. What is your favorite band / artist to listen to?
- It is really hard for me to respond to this question coz I listen to so much artists and so much good artists that I can't chose... In the old ones I like partically every Hard Rockers, AC/DC, Slades, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper and it's true that the Rock and especially Hard Rock stay my favorite style of music even if I can really apreciate some other style of music...
11. Where can we find you?
You can find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/IrishJinger - Twitter: www.twitter.com/IrishJingerOffi - Google + (Irish Jinger Show) - Linkedin (Irish Jinger) - Youtube (IRISHJINGER) - www.irish-jinger.be - www.w4cy.com
Monday, May 16, 2016
Friday, May 6 – Kingsville Ontario - Organizers of the Kingsville Folk Music Festival have announced the official line-up of the 3rd annual festival, held at Lakeside Park in Kingsville, Ontario, Friday, August 12 to Sunday, August 14. The stellar, musically diverse line-up will take the festival to yet another high in its 3 year history.
Buffy Sainte-Marie, Cree activist, Oscar, Juno, Golden Globe and Polaris winner is the Saturday night headline performer, gracing the festival stage in one of her ONLY ONTARIO SOLO shows this summer! Buffy Sainte-Marie is at the pinnacle of her career today with a multiple Juno-award winning new album “Power in the Blood”.
Sainte-Marie is best known for her 1960s protest anthems “Universal Soldier”, open-hearted love songs “Until It’s Time for You to Go”, incendiary powwow rock “Starwalker,” or the juggernaut pop hit “Up Where We Belong,” which Sainte-Marie co-wrote and Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes sang for the soundtrack to An Officer and a Gentleman.
Qristina & Quinn Bachand
The Boxcar Boys
Jason Dennie & Rochelle Clark
Gordie Tentrees & Jaxon Haldane
Whoa Nellie! Vera & Johnny
Tribute to Willie P. Bennett
Jangles The Magical Clown
Todd Crowley’s Musical Petting Zoo
“We wanted Kingsville Folk Fest attendees to experience the diverseness that makes up the folk genre, music ranging from world to blues, folk, singer-songwriter, country, Celtic, bluegrass, traditional and more. This year’s line-up, includes a Latin Grammy winner and Polaris winner as well as multiple Juno, East Coast and Canadian Folk Music Award winners and nominees,” said Michele Law. John Law also added, “AND we are still one of the only festivals across the country and the United States to provide a weekend of this caliber of entertainment for under $100 for a weekend pass!”
The festival has also added a songwriter contest this year in which five finalists will be chosen to perform in the contest on Saturday at the festival. The winner will have the opportunity to perform on main stage later during the festival.
Named Finalist as 2015 Ontario Tourism Awards "Tourism Event of the Year" the ticketed outdoor festival is a celebration of all styles of folk music, boasting 3 daytime session stages, children's stage and evening Main stage.
Attendees will enjoy locally sourced, delectable and diverse foods, partake of award winning Pelee Island Wines and local craft brews and delight in fine arts and crafts from prominent artisans! Rain or shine and accessible, Children 16 and under are FREE. Regular priced weekend – senior - student and single day passes are available.
TICKETS can be purchased online and at area ticket locations
Online 1-800-838-3006 or http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2468401
The festival is made possible with generous grants, sponsorship and community partnerships from the Town of Kingsville, Municipality of Leamington, Canadian Heritage, Leamington Southpoint Sun, Dominos Pizza of Canada, TD, Leamington Marina, SECC (South Essex Community Council), Unconquered Sun, TWEPI (Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island), Best Western Plus Leamington, IBEW Local 773, Unifor Local 444, Blueline Rentals, Kingsville BIA, Schroeder Electric, Pelee Island Winery, Socan Foundation, La Voz Latina, Blackburn Radio: Cool 100.7, Windsors Country 95.9, 92.7 and Mix 96.7.
The media launch was held at Pelee Island Winery Friday, May 6th announcing the full performer line-up and sponsors to date. Guests were treated to Dominos Pizza and Pelee Island Wines with music performed by local, powerhouse duo The Oh Chays.
Kingsville Folk Music Festival is a project of the non-profit Sun Parlour Folk Music Society. A portion of the net proceeds from the Festival and Road to FolkFest Concerts are designated for The MAY FUNd (Music and Arts for Youth), a project developed by the Society that provides financial assistance to area youth to access the arts through workshops, lessons, mentoring sessions and an annual scholarship.
For more information, tickets, accommodation specials please visit www.kingsvillefolkfest.org
END # # # #
John and Michele Law and performers are available for interview.
Photos available on request
Contact: Michelle Fortier
Kingsville Folk Music Festival
Thursday, May 5, 2016
Not content to wait around for 'Prince Charming', national recording artist and Official CMT artist--singer-songwriter-musician Ashley Wineland is building her dynasty with over 100,000 followers total on social media, yet the grace to interact with her ever-growing fanbase, creating magic wherever she goes.
Debuting at #2 on iTunes "New Country Music", Ashley's video “No Prince Charming” is set to appear on the new music video show “Jam On ION”, broadcasting on the upcoming My Jam TV Network in conjunction with Russ Markowitz (NBC).
Ms. Wineland recently 'ruled the kingdom' while headlining at the legendary Reo Palm Isle in Longview, Texas.
Gracing the stage, Ashley appeared at the Ostrich Fest (with Parmalee) and The West Valley Fair and Music Fest (with John Michael Montgomey).
Both stand-out performances have had a ripple effect in the media--garnering Ms. Wineland significant media inquiries and numerous scheduled interviews, television and radio appearances.
Additionally, Ashley has appearances at Road to Country Thunder and COUNTRY THUNDER in Florence, AZ, with some of Country music’s top artists today!
With the September 2013 honor bestowed upon her of being named "Alvarez Breakthrough Artist", Ashley received an endorsement from Alvarez Guitars and is additionally endorsed by Corral Boots!!
For more information on Ashley: