We are all about giving back and supporting important causes. Below is some information about an upcoming fundraiser for a young child with cancer. Please support in any way you can!
- Event time/date: noon to 2pm on October 11th
- Event location: patio at Mr K's - 2107 South Blvd, Charlotte, North
- Fundraiser to benefit 5-year-old child cancer victim Holmes Desmelik
- Entertainment: Spectra Music Group artist David Britt, a Charlotte
- Folks can donate to the Holmes Desmelik Fund at
- Hashtag: #HolmesTeam
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Friday, September 12, 2014
Wachusett Valley Music Festival
725 Main St. (Town Green)
BROTHER SUN, CHARLIE FARREN, KIM & REGGIE, JOHN FLYNN, DEAN STEVENS, DALE LEPAGE & BOBBY GADOURY, ERIC TREEHOUSE, JACKIE DAMSKY & PAUL MAGEAU, LORI DIAMOND & FRED ABATELLI
Bring your blankets and/or chairs and prepare yourself for a day of fabulous music on the green.
Tickets are a modest 24. - what a deal!
Thursday, September 4, 2014
11 year old Devon Hirsch gives back to children in need via his charitable project, Giving Grub. Here is his story.
My name is Devon Hirsch, and I'm an 11 year old from Cumming, GA (near Atlanta). I'm in 6th grade at Piney Grove middle school. In my school, over 30% of the kids get free or reduced cost meals because they are dealing with a major money issue. This past Summer I got to thinking...what happens to these kids? How do they eat breakfast and lunch if the schools are not there to provide it? That why I started googling No Kid Hungry. After reading about their Summer programs, and the work that Share out Strength does to promote the #NoKidHungry campaign, I talked with my dad about helping me to create a project that could effect this in a good way. That's when I came up with Giving Grub. I am looking to help in 3 ways:
1) raise awareness via Facebook and twitter (and other social media) so that everyone has more information on these programs. Did you know that Summer meals are provided all over the country, but very few eligible children take advantage of this?
2) raise money for NoKidHungry through donations and sales of my wristbands (see below)
3) collecting food for local food banks though "stock the shelves" days at supermarkets and my school (This is still in the planning stages)
My website is up and running at www.givinggrub.org and donations can be made from there. If someone donates and then contacts me with their address, I can send them wristbands.
Some notable celebrities are already supporting me and I look forward to gaining more support as we go.
By the way, my first goal was 100 followers and $1000 raised...we did that in less than 3 weeks. Right now, my goal is 250 followers (currently at 179) and $2500 raised (current at $1170). I will keep moving these goals as they are met, and I will taking a trip to Washington DC in April 2015 to meet with Share Our Strength and talk about GIVING GRUB.