Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Lo Kloza – Best Pop Single for ‘Hot Air Balloon’


1. Who are your musical influences and what inspires you to create?
I'm a lover of just about every genre so it's hard to pin point who my musical influences are. I admire Lady Gaga for her fearlessness and fantastic pipes and I also adore Adele, Sarah Bareilles, Kelly Clarkson and Pink. If I had to narrow it down to just a few those would be it! I'm inspired by a lot of things happening in my life as well as the things I witness happening in others. I want to tell a story and relate to people and make them feel like they aren't alone. That's what my favorite artists do and that's what inspires me most.

2. What is your opinion on the current state of the music industry and what are the pros/cons of being an independent artist?
Well, the con of course is money… because we are all broke! ha! But… as an independent artist I'm doing it because I love it, not for the money. Music and the ability to create it is so accessible now and I believe that all artists have amazing opportunities to get their music heard right at their fingertips. It's just a matter of putting in the effort and following your dreams. Playing empty clubs can suck… but the filled stadium will be worth it.

3. If you could spend an hour with any musician, living or dead, who would it be, and why?
Lady Gaga, definitely. She's an incredible musician and I'd love to just pick her brain. Her creativity is that of another planet. I love it.

4. What are your aspirations for 2013 and beyond?
As 2013 begins I am really interested in writing more. I'd like to be able to put a full album out soon, go on tour, and… rule the world ;)

5. How do you feel to have won a LadyLake Indie Award?
It is such an honor to have been recognized. I'm so appreciative of the love and support out there for my music. I don't really quite have the words to describe how much it means to feel the love and support but… to put it simply… you are all awesome and I love you! Thank YOU!

Check out these links to learn more:
www.facebook.com/loklozamusic
www.sonicbids.com/lokloza

No comments:

Post a Comment