Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Naomi Psalm - Best Female Vocalist for ‘Stare’


1. Who are your musical influences and what inspires you to create?
I grew up listening to Bob Dylan and Cat Stevens, but I can't say that comes through in my music...lol
I would have to say Sheryl Crow, Sarah McLachlan, (early) Jewel, Ingrid Michaelson
I am inspired by hearing live music, people watching, my own struggles, bad days, and great ones too!

2. What is your opinion on the current state of the music industry and what are the pros/cons of being an independent artist?
The way it is today, it makes it incredibly convenient to get my music all over the world! The downside is, the market is a bit saturated because of that. There is a lot of freedom in being an independent artist. I only wish I had more time on my hands so that I could focus on the music side instead of the marketing side which is very time consuming.

3. If you could spend an hour with any musician, living or dead, who would it be, and why?
Brandi Carlile, because music is in her blood, and she is one of the most multi-talented female artists/singers out there right now. Seeing her live, I was able to see how friendly, humble and down to earth she was, and I aspire to be that for my fans as well.

4. What are your aspirations for 2013 and beyond?
To make more music videos, with over a million views, write more music and record more. On a larger scale, I would like to "make it" in the music business.

5. How do you feel to have won a LadyLake Indie Award?
It's is a huge boost for me to receive this award, and it is great for my music career!

LINKS:
http://www/reverbnation.com/naomipsalm
http://www.thebluecinema.com
http://www.facebook.com/bluecinema

No comments:

Post a Comment