Monday, January 28, 2013
L*A*W - Best Rap/Hip-Hop Album for 'Tha Planet 12 Syndrome'
1. Who are your musical influences and what inspires you to create?
Prince, Funkadelic, Chicago, N.W.A, Public Enemy, Bruce Springsteen, Carly Simon, KISS, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Rakim, The Commodores, Big Daddy Kane, Sly & The Family Stone, New Edition, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Run-DMC, Vanilla Fudge & The Isley Brothers... Life Situations, Television, Cartoons, Action Movies & Strong Women are what inspire me to create.
2. What is your opinion on the current state of the music industry and what are the pros/cons of being an independent artist?
The current state of the music industry is in a state of emergency & needs a serious face lift & surgery... The pro of being an Independent Artist is being able to do music your own way with full artistic creative freedom... The con is a situation like mine where you have to do everything yourself which can be time consuming but even with that, it's still a pro too.
3. If you could spend an hour with any musician, living or dead, who would it be, and why?
Stevie Wonder, Peter Cetera, Maurice White Of Earth, Wind & Fire because I want to express to them that unlike the common fans that was just there for the hits, I was into the whole albums.
4. What are your aspirations for 2013 and beyond?
To conquer the music industry & have some influence in it... be a major star but still having my traditional music values & TO INSPIRE OTHERS.
5. How do you feel to have won a LadyLake Indie Award?
It's a honor & serious blessing to be recognized for the pure musical mission I'm on especially after some other major & even independent record labels didnt see the vision! This indie award reminds me that my mission & hard work is not in vain!!
To learn more about L*A*W, please visit the following links: